Description: This guide introduces the best workflow to import quicktime mov to iMovie on Mac 10.8/10.9 for smoothly editing.
Q: "I have some standard MOV files and enjoys playing back them smoothly in QuickTime Player. But when I import them to iMovie and want to edit, now the videos seem to randomly switch frame rates during playback. Did you do anything wrong?"
A: iMovie is really picky on video formats as well as video codecs. For example, normal mov files are not supported natively so that you cannot playback smoothly your quicktime mov in iMovie. The best video codec for iMovie is Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC); in this case, you are suggested to convert QuickTime MOV to AIC MOV for iMovie on Mac OS X 10.8 and 10.9.
How to convert Quicktime MOV to iMovie AIC on Mac Mountain Lion and Mavericks?
We would like to introduce this NLE Converter for Mac, which is not only able to convert various video formats (including quicktime mov) to AIC, but also convert to various videos formats for editing in FCE, FCP, Avid, Adobe premiere pro and other NLEs.
You are suggested to download a free trial version firstly to give a shot.
Now get this Mac iMovie Converter installed and let start to quick import MOV to iMovie.
1. Click the top left two icons to load individual mov videos, or import the entire folder.
2. Click the drop-down list besides Format and choose iMovie and Final Cut Express>Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov) as the best video codec for editing in iMovie. Click "Browse" to choose output path.
Click the Pencil-like icon on the top to trim, crop, edit audio, add 3D effect and subtitles.
3. Click the "Settings" and customize output video size, bitrate (decide video quality and size), frame rate and other specs.
4. Click the big red circle to start converting quicktime mov to iMovie AIC. Wait for moments and you will get the best video for importing in iMovie on Mac Mountain Lion and Mavericks. Click "Open" to locate the converted video
5. Launch iMovie, choose "File" > "Import" > "Movies…" and choose the path above:
Tips: Good news for Blu-ray/DVD fans! You can get iMedia converter for mac (20% off only last day) from Pavtube, this product is an all in one software which can handle MTS, common video, DVD and Blu-ray videos, which is more powerful.
Never miss Pavtube Back to School Givaways and Click Pavtube Special Offer page to get more discount:
ByteCopy for Mac($42) + iMedia Converter for Mac($65) = Only $80, Save $27
ChewTune for Mac($29) + iMedia Converter for Mac($65) = Only $75, Save $19
iMedia Converter for Mac($65) + DVD Creator for Mac($35) = Only 65$, Save $35
ByteCopy for Mac($42) + iMix MXF($45) = Only $70, Save $17
Source: Convert QuickTime .mov to iMovie on Mac OS X Mavericks/Mountain Lion