Description: This article will show you how to transcode Canon XA20 footage into the most compatible format for FCP 6/7 on Mac.
Canon XA20 is one of the high-end camera which is newly released on mid-June, 2013. This professional camera shoots Full HD 1080 60p/60i/30p/24p footages in AVCHD MTS and 1080 60p/30/24p as well as 720/360 30p/24p in MP4 format.
Shutterbugs and professional editors must be very excited to watch these HD footages and see it edited to be the most perfect ones on your own hands.
So here comes the problem you may concern: how do Mac users edit Canon XA20 MP4/AVCHD MTS footage in Final Cut Pro?
Actually Final Cut Pro does not prefer to work with .mts and .mp4 for that it appreciates MOV files especially encoded in Apple ProRes. Here we have an easy way to get it working within a few clicks; follow this guide to see how to convert Canon XA20 MP4/AVCHD MTS to ProRes for editing in FCP 6/7 with best video quality.
1. Download this powerful Canon XA20 Converter for Mac and get it installed.
2. Click "Format" and choose "Final Cut Pro", you will see several "Apple ProRes" presets. The ProRes 422 outputs low quality videos comparing with others, but the converted videos are smaller in size. Usually the ProRes 422HQ is recommended for its good video quality and perfect video/audio sync settings.
This Mac FCP Converter also includes the editing function to let you trim, crop, edit audio, add 3D effect, add watermark and subtitles before conversion.
3. Click "Settings" to customize output video size, bitrate, frame rate and other settings at your needs.
4. Now just click the big red "Convert" to start converting Canon XA20 MP4/AVCHD MTS footage to FCP preferred format. Click "Open" to locate the converted video directly.
1. Learn How to Convert Canon XA20 MP4/MTS files to Final Cut Pro X
2. Good news for Blu-ray/DVD fans! You can get iMedia converter for mac (20% off only last day) from Pavtube, this product is an all in one software which can handle MTS, common video, DVD and Blu-ray videos, which is more powerful.
3. If you want to burn Canon XA20 MTS/MP4 videos to DVD on Mac, use 50 % off Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac to do XA20 MTS to DVD making
4: If you are using other Mac editing softwares, like iMovie, FCE, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects CS6, Apple Aperture 3, Kdenlive, DaVinci Resolve, iPhoto and more, please view the follow guides:
Never miss Pavtube Back to School Givaways and Click Pavtube Special Offer page to get more discount:
ByteCopy for Mac($42) + iMedia Converter for Mac($65) = Only $80, Save $27
ChewTune for Mac($29) + iMedia Converter for Mac($65) = Only $75, Save $19
iMedia Converter for Mac($65) + DVD Creator for Mac($35) = Only 65$, Save $35
ByteCopy for Mac($42) + iMix MXF($45) = Only $70, Save $17
Source: <a href="http://lovecamcorder.tumblr.com/post/59464188429/transcode-canon-xa20-avchd-mp4-to-prores-hq-for-editing" target="_blank">Transcode Canon XA20 AVCHD/MP4 to Prores HQ for Editing in FCP 6/7</a>