Convert MP4 to Apple TV M4V with 20% off iMedia Converter Mac
"When I play ripped mp4 files of DVDs on the Macbook they are great - all good. When I then Synced with Apple TV the files are shown on the TV under the 'movies' menu with the names, duration and a photo of the film. But when I play them on Apple TV I only hear the sound - There is no pictures. Apple TV is connected with HDMI cable. Does anyone know what could be causing this to happen? All responses welcome..."
"I've got a large library of H.264 mp4s of DVDs that I have ripped to an external hard drive, and they all work perfectly in iTunes. I recently got an Apple TV, and it was working great until I tried to play an older mp4, one of the originals that I had ripped, and the ATV claimed that it couldn't recognize the file format. What gives?"
Although Apple TV support to play MP4 files, you probably have some MP4 files that can't be read by your Apple TV 3. Is there quick and easy way to resolve this problem? Sure. No matter you are connected via USB, HDMI, or what server you are using, all you need is just this powerful iMedia Converter for Mac (Video Converter Ultimate for Windows). It is all-in-one software that can deal well with MP4 to Apple TV 3 Conversion.
Read more: Apple TV 3 column: Play any Blu-ray/DVD, HD Movies and Videos on Apple TV 3
Key features of this powerful iMedia Converter for Mac:
1. Convert a variety of videos formats to be compatible with Apple TV and many other portable devices and video editing softwar.
2. Convert Blu-ray/DVD to a mass of video formats
3. Convert BDMV, Blu-ray/DVD folder, ISO file and DVD with your desired audio track and subtitles stream
4. Support Apple ProRes/DVCPRO/HDV/Avid DNxHD/Apple InterMediate codec(AIC) encoding
5. Support adding SRT, ASS, SSA subtitles to movie
How to convert MP4 to M4V for Apple TV (3) on Mac OS X?
1. Import MP4 files.
First, free download the best MP4 to Apple TV Converter and install on your Mac.
Launch the Mac MP4 to Apple TV Converter, click the icon with a red cross on the top to browse your computer and import MP4 source. Also you can drag and drop the MP4 files into the software directly and in this way you can import multiple mp4 files at one time. Just choose the way you like.
Note: This Mac software also let you import and convert both Blu-ray and DVD. On the top left, you can easily find the icon to load Blu-ray/DVD. If you want to backup or convert Blu-ray/DVD discs for safe storage or playback, hit it to import the discs. Learn more detailed information in how to convert DVD to Apple TV and convert Blu-ray to Apple TV for playing.
Step 2. Choose format for Apple TV.
Hit the "Format" menu you will get many options in the drop-down list. Here you are recommended to directly choose the format under "Apple TV" catalogue, which is made for playback with Apple TV.
Note: You can choose to adjust the video and audio parameters including codec, bitrate, channels, etc. However, if you are not good at it, you'd better not change these parameters. Keeping the default settings can give you an output video with good quality. (Note: Since the new Apple TV can support H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames, thus you can set video size as 1920*1080 and you'd better set AC3 as the audio codec and 5.1 as the audio channel to watch Blu-ray on new Apple TV 3 with AC3 5.1 surround sound in full HD 1080p quality.)
Step 3. Convert MP4 to Apple TV.
Before conversion, you need to click "Browse" to set the location of output videos in your computer. Now since everything is done, let's go to start conversion. Click the big "Convert" button to strat converting MP4 to M4V for Apple TV and then "Open" button will take you to the generated videos.
Throw the converted files in USB or HDMI and then connect to your TV, you can enjoy it well now. Download free trial version to experience easy-to-operate conversion right now.
Good news for you! Due to Back to School Promotion, you can get 20% off for iMedia Converter for Mac(or Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate for windows users) and find discount for more useful software. Meanwhile, You are able to find a lot of Money Saving Software Bundles, such as Blu-ray Ripper + DVD Creator, ByteCopy + Video Converter Ultimate, etc. With it you will get up to35% off for bundled software. Go to find what you like.
Extended reading about Apple TV specifications
Video formats supported:
* H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
* MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640*480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
* Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280*720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Audio formats supported:
* HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through