Description: This article shows that how to convert multi audio track P2 MXF to multi-track ProRes MOV for editing in FCP.
"I shoot some videos in summer vocation with a Panasonic P2 camera; these videos are in HD. I want to edit them in FCP6 so that I will need to convert these MXF files to ProRes MOV, but many programs I’ve tried always have problems in keep all my four audio tracks; they loss one of two of them, or simply mixed them into one while I just want to keep all the tracks separately as original. Is there anyone else also has this problem?"
HD MXF footage taken by Panasonic P2 camera always have several video streams or audio tracks; people who want to edit them in FCP always want to keep the multiple audio/video track separately as original. But the problems is that whether it’s possible that not losing any tracks during conversion? Can we transcode Panasonic P2 MXF to Multi-audio track ProRes 422 for FCP on Mac?
Come and meet this <b><a href="http://www.pavtube.com/imixmxf-mac/" target="_blank">multi-audio track MXF Converter for Mac</a></b> and follow these steps to easily <b>convert multiple video/audio track MXF to ProRes for FCP</b>.
1. Connect your P2 camera to Mac and keep it on; get this multi-track MXF to FCP Converter installed.
Now follow the top left two icons to load individual mxf or in batch.
2. Click "Format" and choose Multi-track Video>Multi-track Apple ProRes 422(*.mov) as the most compatible codec for FCP editing.
3. Click "Settings" to free select needed video/audio tracks.
Check the tracks you need and left others unchecked, thus you can get Multi-track MOV with your needed audio streams. Note there’s a mix into one track icon on the bottom, it will combine all your checked audio tracks into single one.
With this Pavtube iMixMXF program, you can also add some personal subtitles in it like this which makes the play backing much easier:
4. Click the red "Convert" and just let it go!
Wait for a while to get this fresh hot multiple audio track ProRes MOV for FCP editing on Mac.
1. Pavtube also have a Mac MXF to FCP converter program for users that do not need to deal with multi-track video/audio files; only $29 is needed atm. Refer to here to quick look this MXF Converter for Mac.
2. Good news for Blu-ray/DVD fans! Pavtube studio now provides ByteCopy for Mac plus iMixMXF bundle, saving $17 immediately! (ByteCopy for Mac is a multi-track featured blu-ray ripping program. With it, you can easily backup blu-ray to lossless multi-track MKV without any quality loss, transcode to multi-track MP4/MOV/ProRes and other mainstream video formats.)
3. A way to save your money for more products: Have a look Pavtube Back to School Givaways.
Source: <a href="http://encode-video-for-editing.over-blog.com/convert-multi-audio-p2-mxf-into-fcp-with-prores" target="_blank">Get/Convert multi audio P2 MXF into FCP with Apple Prores codec</a>